Nevada beats Fresno State, 65-60
RENO, Nev. (AP)—Luke Babbitt scored 22 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead the Nevada Wolf Pack past the Fresno State Bulldogs, 65-60, on Saturday night.
Nevada (11-7, 4-1) has now won four consecutive Western Athletic Conference games. Nevada led by as much as 15, 46-31, with 13 minutes to play.
Paul George scored 16 points and Sylvester Seay added 13 as Fresno State (7-11, 0-4) lost for the fourth consecutive game.
A layup by Joey Shaw at the buzzer gave Nevada a 31-27 halftime lead. Nevada led by as much as eight, 30-22, in the opening half after Malik Cooke scored inside with just under two minutes to play.
Nevada outscored Fresno State 15-1 at the free throw line in the first half.
The Wolf Pack went on an 8-0 run to take a 21-14 lead with 6:34 to play in the first half. A dunk by Dario Hunt off a feed from Armon Johnson and left-handed jumper in the lane by Babbitt keyed the run.
A steal and a layup by Bryce Cartwright gave Fresno State its last lead of the first half at 14-13 with 9:45 to play.
Seay drained a 3-pointer to cut Nevada’s lead to 30-27 with a minute to play in the first half. Seay, who finished with 11 first-half points, also hit a 3-pointer five minutes into the game to give the Bulldogs their first lead of the game at 8-6.
- Five memorable moments from Stanford’s 4OT win
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78