Maine beats Albany, NY 72-61
ORONO, Maine (AP)—Kaimondre Owes scored 20 points off the bench and Sean McNally added 14 and six rebounds as Maine won for only the second time in nine games by beating Albany, N.Y., 72-61, on Saturday.
Maine (7-11, 2-3 America East Conference) was ahead 32-24 early in the second half and pulled away with seven straight points.
Gerald McLemore hit a jumper, Malachi Peay—who had 11 points—followed with a 3-point play and McNally converted an offensive rebound. The margin later reached 52-29.
The Great Danes (11-7, 3-20) could get no closer than 60-50 with 4:18 left.
Will Harris had 20 points, Brian Connelly had 13 points and nine rebounds and Tim Ambrose 10 points for Albany, which had won three straight and was in first place in the conference.
Trailing 17-16, Maine took the lead for good with 10 straight points, including two 3-pointers by Owes. ^
- Division III YouTube sensation earns spot in NCAA dunk contest
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics