Maine beats Albany, NY 72-61
ORONO, Maine (AP)—Kaimondre Owes scored 20 points off the bench and Sean McNally added 14 and six rebounds as Maine won for only the second time in nine games by beating Albany, N.Y., 72-61, on Saturday.
Maine (7-11, 2-3 America East Conference) was ahead 32-24 early in the second half and pulled away with seven straight points.
Gerald McLemore hit a jumper, Malachi Peay—who had 11 points—followed with a 3-point play and McNally converted an offensive rebound. The margin later reached 52-29.
The Great Danes (11-7, 3-20) could get no closer than 60-50 with 4:18 left.
Will Harris had 20 points, Brian Connelly had 13 points and nine rebounds and Tim Ambrose 10 points for Albany, which had won three straight and was in first place in the conference.
Trailing 17-16, Maine took the lead for good with 10 straight points, including two 3-pointers by Owes. ^
- Maine beats Albany, NY 72-61
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown