Brown’s 23 leads Lafayette to 84-69 win over Navy
EASTON, Pa. (AP)—Andrew Brown scored 23 points and Jared Mintz had 17 points and 10 rebounds to lead Lafayette to an 84-69 victory over Navy on Saturday.
Jeff Kari had 14 points for Lafayette (6-11, 2-1 Patriot League), which sank 27 of 30 free throws.
Chris Harris and Kaleo Kina each scored 16 points and Adam Teague had 15 for Navy (13-5, 2-1).
The Leopards went on a 9-0 first-half run to take a 32-24 lead. Kina hit a free throw to narrow the margin to 36-34 with just over two minutes remaining, but a 3-pointer by Ben Wheeler in the final seconds gave Lafayette a 43-38 lead at the break.
Foul shots and a layup by Kari in the opening minutes of the second half helped Lafayette extend its lead to 50-38 with 17:29 remaining. Kina cut the deficit to 58-55 with a three-point play and made it a one-point game 2 1/2 minutes later, but Ryan Willen hit a 3-pointer and Kari hit a foul shot to make it 64-59 with 6:36 remaining.
- Brown's 23 leads Lafayette to 84-69 win over Navy
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0