Howard defeats Winston-Salem State 75-63
WASHINGTON (AP)—C.J. Prince scored a career-high 21 points and hit three 3-pointers during a key stretch Saturday as Howard defeated Winston-Salem State 75-63 for its first win since opening night.
Randy Hampton and Kyle Riley added 14 points apiece for the Bison (2-14), who had lost 14 straight after defeating Oregon State at home on Nov. 14.
Jamal Durham and Brian Fisher each scored 15 points for the Rams (4-11), who suffered their third straight loss while comitting 20 turnovers.
Prince, in his third game with the Bison after transferring from Maryland-Eastern Shore, hit three 3-pointers to key a 21-10 second-half run. He made the last one from the right wing for a 66-51 Howard lead.
The Rams cut the gap to 66-57 on McIntoche Alcius’s free throw, but never pulled closer.
Eugene Myatt became the 18th Bison to eclipse 1,000 career points. He has 1,009.
- Howard defeats Winston-Salem State 75-63
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot