Southern knocks off Arkansas-Pine Bluff 70-60
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP)—Chris Davis scored four of his 14 points in overtime to lead Southern University to a 70-60 victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Saturday.
Barry Honore’ also scored 14 points as the Jaguars (2-15, 2-3 Southwestern Athletic Conference) snapped a three-game losing streak.
Ricky Parks hit a 3-pointer to give Arkansas-Pine Bluff a 60-56 lead with 3:32 remaining in overtime, but the Golden Lions (3-12, 2-2) were held scoreless the rest of the way as the Jaguars reeled off the next 14 points.
Southern was 30 of 44 from the free-throw line, going 9 of 10 in overtime. Arkansas-Pine Bluff hit only four of its 10 free-throw attempts for the game.
Julius Ingram scored 12 points and had 11 rebounds for the Jaguars. Douglas Scott added 12 points and Geri Guillory scored 10 for Southern.
Terrance Calvin led the Golden Lions with 18 points.
- Did UCLA, Ohio State violate rules in pursuit of Roberto Nelson?
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne