College of Charleston knocks off Furman 78-71
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP)—Andrew Goudelock and Tony White Jr. each scored 18 points to lead the College of Charleston to a 78-71 victory over Furman on Saturday night.
It was the Cougars’ fourth consecutive win and the Paladins’ fifth straight loss.
Furman (2-13, 0-6 Southern Conference) opened the second half with a 25-18 run and took a 59-53 lead with 10:43 remaining, but the College of Charleston (14-3, 6-1) went on a 23-7 run for a 76-66 lead with 27 seconds left.
The Cougars were 14 of 24 from the field (58.3 percent) in the second half and were 7 of 15 from the 3-point line (46.7 percent) for the game.
Donavan Monroe added 10 points for the College of Charleston.
Neil Duval led Furman with 14 points. Jordan Miller scored 13 points, Noah States had 12 and Brandon Sebirumbi added 11 points for the Paladins.
- College of Charleston knocks off Furman 78-71
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown