Florida State beats Maryland in OT 76-73
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP)—Toney Douglas scored eight of his 25 points in overtime to lead Florida State to a 76-73 win over Maryland on Saturday.
Douglas, who had just five points at halftime, scored the Seminoles first seven points of the overtime. Freshman Luke Loucks was the only other Seminole in double figures, finishing with 10 points.
Derwin Kitchen’s only field goal gave Florida State a 66-64 lead with a minute left in regulation, but Maryland’s Landon Milbourne’s putback with 22 seconds left sent the game to overtime.
Florida State (15-3, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) led 52-41 with 12:07 left, but Maryland tied the score at 64-64 on Dave Neal’s 3-point basket with 2:20 left.
Maryland (12-5, 1-2) was led by Milbourne’s 17 points.
- South Dakota State stymies Western Illinois 66-53
- Judge to review surveillance video in Appling gun case
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout