E. Illinois takes 67-61 victory over Morehead St.
CHARLESTON, Ill. (AP)—Tyler Laser had a game-high 18 points— all in the second half— to lead Eastern Illinois in a 67-61 victory over Morehead State Saturday night.
Three other Panthers were in the double-digits: Ousmane Cisse had 15 points and 11 rebounds, T.J. Marion added 11 and Romain Martin chipped in 10 for Eastern Illinois (8-9, 5-2 Ohio Valley)
Morehead State (9-10, 6-2) quickly built an eight-point lead in the first half with Kenneth Faried’s eight points and eight rebounds. He had a game-high 16 rebounds.
But Eastern Illinois came back. Cisse converted a lay-up with 58 seconds left in the first, tying the game 33-33 at the half.
After Demonte Harper gave the Redhawks a 56-55 lead with 4:22 left in the game, Laser, who was 4-of-4 from the free-throw line, answered with a 3-pointer and Eastern Illinois never trailed again.
Harper was the lead scorer for the Redhawks with 16 and Robert Murry added 13.
- Wait, there was a coach named Dickey Nutt and no one told me?
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner