UTEP beats East Carolina 88-67
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP)—Randy Culpepper scored 25 points to lead Texas-El Paso to an 88-67 win over East Carolina on Saturday night.
Stefon Jackson added 19 points and Julyan Stone had 13 for the Miners (11-6, 2-1 Conference USA). Stone had seven assists and Jackson added six. Culpepper and Jackson also tallied four steals apiece.
Brock Young led the Pirates (9-7, 1-2) with 18 points and seven assists, and was the only player in double-figure scoring for East Carolina.
UTEP jumped out to a 12-2 lead early in the first half but the Pirates kept pace with the Miners throughout the frame, pulling within 41-36 at the break. But the Miners started the second half on a 25-12 run that sealed the victory.
Stone and Jackson also hit two 3s apiece, as the Miners were 8 of 17 from long range. The Pirates were 5 of 19.
- Mychal Thompson reacts to Klay Thompson's marijuana arrest
- Creighton's 113-58 win over Lancers biggest margin since '02
- McBrayer scores 18 as Minnesota overpowers Georgia Southern
- Wake beats UNC Greensboro 78-75 on late Crawford 3
- Sophomore center Sima to transfer from St. John's
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64