American U beats Colgate 79-49
HAMILTON, N.Y. (AP)—Brian Gilmore scored 28 points and grabbed seven rebounds, leading American University to a 79-49 over Colgate in Patriot League play on Saturday.
Gilmore went 11-of-16 from the field and made six of eight shots from beyond the arc.
Derrick Mercer added 14 points for the Eagles (11-6, 3-0), while Stephen Lumpkins chipped in 10 points and grabbed a game high eight rebounds. American shot 64.6 percent from the floor and was 9-of-16 on 3-pointers.
American started the game on a 15-0 run, with Gilmore scoring 11 points during that span. Colgate (5-11, 1-2) did not score until 13:20 in the first half, when Willie Morse hit a layup.
Colgate went on a 7-2 run, making it a 34-20 game with 2:36 left in the first half but would come no closer. American took a 40-20 lead into halftime.
Yaw Gyawu led Colgate with 9 points.
- American U beats Colgate 79-49
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four