Jacksonville beats Campbell 76-63.
BUIES CREEK, N.C. (AP)—Ben Smith scored 20 points to lead Jacksonville to a 76-63 victory over Campbell on Saturday.
Smith shot 5-for-10 from the field, and was a perfect 8-for-8 from the free-throw line. Lehmon Colbert and Ayron Hardy chipped in with 11 points each, while Marcus Allen had the game’s lone double-double with 10 points and 15 rebounds. The win was the fifth straight victory for the Dolphins (8-8, 7-1 Atlantic Sun Conference).
Hardy’s layup with 8:26 remaining in the first half capped a 17-4 Jacksonville run, giving the Dolphins a 25-12 lead. They shot 51.9 percent in the first half (14-for-27), and held a 40-26 lead at halftime.
The Camels (6-10, 3-4) were paced by Jonathan Rodriguez, who scored 25 points. Jabril Bailey contributed 11 points in 18 minutes.
- Jacksonville beats Campbell 76-63.
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look