Jacksonville beats Campbell 76-63.
BUIES CREEK, N.C. (AP)—Ben Smith scored 20 points to lead Jacksonville to a 76-63 victory over Campbell on Saturday.
Smith shot 5-for-10 from the field, and was a perfect 8-for-8 from the free-throw line. Lehmon Colbert and Ayron Hardy chipped in with 11 points each, while Marcus Allen had the game’s lone double-double with 10 points and 15 rebounds. The win was the fifth straight victory for the Dolphins (8-8, 7-1 Atlantic Sun Conference).
Hardy’s layup with 8:26 remaining in the first half capped a 17-4 Jacksonville run, giving the Dolphins a 25-12 lead. They shot 51.9 percent in the first half (14-for-27), and held a 40-26 lead at halftime.
The Camels (6-10, 3-4) were paced by Jonathan Rodriguez, who scored 25 points. Jabril Bailey contributed 11 points in 18 minutes.
- Lehigh beats American 77-65
- Former Michigan State star Appling charged in new case
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team