UC Santa Barbara 72, Cal Poly-SLO 62
SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. (AP) - Senior D.J. Posley scored 17 points to lift UC Santa Barbara to a 72-62 victory over Cal Poly-SLO on Saturday night.
Sophomore guard Jordan Weiner also scored 14 points for the Gauchos (8-9, 2-3 in conference).
Cal Poly was led sophomore guard Shawn Lewis’ 16 points, but still suffered its seventh straight loss (3-12, 0-5).
UC Santa Barbara led by as many as 14 points, 55-41, in the second half including freshman Greg Somogyi dunk with 9:36 to play.
Cal Poly outrebounded UC Santa Barbara 38-37, led by Lewis with nine. Posley had seven boards for the Gauchos.
UCSB made 44.6 percent of its floor shots, including six of 17 from three-point range. Cal Poly connected on 38.2 percent.
- UC Santa Barbara 72, Cal Poly-SLO 62
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0