Holy Cross beats Bucknell 68-56
LEWISBURG, Pa. (AP)—Andrew Keister had 18 points and 10 rebounds and Pat Doherty also scored 18 points on 13-of-14 free-throw shooting to lead Holy Cross to a 68-56 victory over Bucknell on Saturday.
Alex Vander Baan chipped in 11 points for Holy Cross (8-10, 3-0 Patriot League).
Patrick Behan scored 12 points and Jason Vegotsky and G.W. Boon each had 11 for Bucknell (3-14, 0-3).
Bucknell trailed 30-15 at halftime but went on a 15-7 run to narrow the gap to 48-45 with 5:24 remaining on a 3-pointer by Boon. But a 3-pointer and five free-throws by Vander Baan helped Holy Cross push the margin back to 60-49 with 1:25 remaining.
- Holy Cross beats Bucknell 68-56
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four