Hitchens’ 15 leads Zips to 62-52 win
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP)—Anthony Hitchens scored 15 points including the go-ahead basket with 7:24 left to lead Akron past Bowling Green 62-52 on Saturday night.
After Hitchens’ jumper put the Zips (9-7, 1-2 Mid-American Conference) ahead 45-43, Bowling Green’s Marc Larson hit a foul shot. Hitchens then made two free throws before Nate Linhart connected on a 3-pointer to swell the lead to 50-44 with 4:30 left.
The Zips’ lead never fell below four points again.
Linhart, Chris McKnight and Darryl Roberts each added 10 points.
Nate Miller had 15 points and Darryl Clements 11 for the Falcons (8-8, 1-2), who made just 28 percent of their shots from the field.
- Hitchens' 15 leads Zips to 62-52 win
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four