South Alabama gets SBC victory over Arkansas State
JONESBORO, Ark. (AP)—Domonic Tilford led four players in double digits with 20 points as South Alabama defeated Arkansas State 74-67 in Sun Belt Conference play Saturday.
Tilford made 3 of 6 3-pointers, while DeAndre Coleman scored 16 points, grabbed 15 rebounds and made 8 of 10 free throws for South Alabama (11-7 overall, 4-3 SBC). LaShun Watson scored 11 points, and made 5 of 8 from the field. Brandon Davis added 10 points and scored 5-of-7 field goal attempts.
South Alabama was ahead by only two points at the halftime with 30-28 on the scoreboard.
While ASU (12-6, 4-3) outshot its opponents overall in free throws with 74.1 percent to South Alabama’s 61.8 percent, the victors fared better in field goals and 3-pointers.
Donald Boone led for Arkansas State with 17 points. JeJuan Brown added 14, and Daniel Bryant scored 11 points.
- Former Georgia Tech guard D'Andre Bell escapes from apartment fire
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner