Arkansas-Little Rock beats Middle Tennessee 70-65
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP)—Steven Moore scored 19 points and had five assists to lead Arkansas-Little Rock to a 70-65 victory over Middle Tennessee State on Saturday night.
The Trojans (13-5, 6-1 Sun Belt Conference) were 29 of 34 from the free-throw line (85.3 percent) to win their fourth consecutive game.
The Blue Raiders (11-7, 5-2) shot only 39.7 percent (23 of 58) from the field.
Arkansas-Little Rock led 66-63 when Middle Tennessee’s Nigel Johnson hit a jumper to cut the lead to 66-65 with 8.9 seconds left in the game.
Shane Edwards hit two free throws for a 68-65 lead with 7.8 seconds left and then hit two more for the final margin.
Edwards added 15 points and Brandon Patterson scored 14 points for the Trojans.
Desmond Yates led Middle Tennessee with 17 points and Kevin Kanaskie added 14 points.
- Arkansas-Little Rock beats Middle Tennessee 70-65
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four