Stetson defeats Kennesaw State 69-52
KENNESAW, Ga. (AP)—Sheldon Oliver scored 20 points to help Stetson defeat Kennesaw State 69-52 on Friday night and extend the Owls’ losing streak to eight games.
The Hatters (8-8, 5-3 Atlantic Sun Conference) used two second-half surges to rally from a first-half deficit. Stetson trailed by nine points with 2:57 left in the first half, then pulled within 31-25 at halftime.
The Owls (5-10, 1-5) held a 35-27 advantage with 18:39 remaining, but failed to score for the next 6:19 as Stetson went on an 18-0 run. The Hatters next launched a 12-4 spurt to take a commanding 57-39 lead with 7:21 left.
Stetson was 25-for-57 from the floor and 13-for-16 from the free-throw line while Kennesaw State made 21 of 57 field goals and 5 of 8 free throws.
Garfield Blair added 15 points for Stetson and Tim Lang had 10.
Kurtis Woods paced the Owls with 18 points.
- Stetson defeats Kennesaw State 69-52
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown