Tillema scored 19 as Wis-Green Bay wins
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—Ryan Tillema scored 19 points to lead Wisconsin-Green Bay past Cleveland State 80-65 in Horizon League action Thursday night.
Green Bay held the Vikings to one field goal during a pivotal eight-minute stretch of the second half to pull away.
Nathan Bullock’s basket in the lane brought the Vikings within 56-52, but the Phoenix pulled away by scoring 20 of the next 28 points to take a commanding 76-60 lead.
Green Bay (12-5, 5-1) also got 17 points from Rahmon Fletcher, en route to its sixth win in seven games.
The Vikings (13-6, 4-3) were powered by Bullock and Cedric Jackson, who scored 40 of the team’s first 52 points, including 20 in a row spanning the halves. Bullock led the Vikings with 22 points and Jackson had 21.
- Breakfast buffet: Here we go again for the Pac-10
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four