Utah State beats Fresno State 65-61
LOGAN, UTAH (AP)—Jared Quayle scored 21 points, including two free throws in the final three seconds, to give Utah State a 65-61 win over Fresno State Thursday night.
Quayle scored the final five points for the Aggies (16-1, 4-0 Western Athletic Conference) in a contest that was tied seven times in the second half. Tai Wesley recorded 11 points for Utah State and Gary Wilkinson 10.
Sylvester Seay dropped in 32 points for the Bulldogs (7-10, 0-3 WAC) on 11-of-24 shooting. He also pulled down a game-high nine rebounds and had three blocks.
Utah State took its first lead of the game, 33-32, when Quayle made a layup and free throw with 18:02 to play.
When Wesley hit a layup and free throw with 4:47 to play, it gave the Aggies their largest lead of the game, 60-52. Seay would hit eight more points in the final moments to keep the Bulldogs close.
- Utah State beats Fresno State 65-61
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four