Ark.-Little Rock tops La.-Lafayette 79-71 in OT
LAFAYETTE, La. (AP)—John Fowler scored 18 points and Arkansas-Little Rock scored the first 10 points in overtime to beat Louisiana-Lafayette 79-71 on Thursday night.
The Trojans (12-5, 5-1 Sun Belt Conference) trailed 50-35 with 15:24 left in regulation, then went on a 26-11 surge to tie the game at 61. The Ragin’ Cajuns (6-10, 3-3) shot 2-for-15 in the final 10:51 of regulation.
Louisiana-Lafayette’s La’Ryan Gary was fouled with 1:08 left and made both free throws for a 60-59 lead. Shane Edwards scored on a dunk with 12 seconds left to put Arkansas-Little Rock up 61-60. Ryan McCoy made the second of two free throws to force overtime.
Edwards scored 17 points and Steven Moore added 16 for the Trojans, who erased a 37-29 halftime deficit.
Chris Gradnigo led the Ragin’ Cajuns with a season-high 20 points. Randell Daigle added 14 and Ryan McCoy chipped in 13.
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself