Wagner defeats St. Francis, Pa., 76-68
LORETTO, Pa. (AP)—Joey Mundweiler scored 17 points and four Wagner players scored in double figures in a 76-68 win over St. Francis, Pa., on Thursday night.
Wagner (10-6, 3-3 Northeast Conference) shot 68 percent in the first half and 54.2 percent for the game.
The Seahawks led by as many as 17 points in the second half before St. Francis (4-12, 1-5) cut it to six in the closing minutes.
Justin Drummond had 15 points for Wagner and sealed the win with four free throws in the final 17 seconds. Jamal Smith added 14 points and Llewchean Radford 13 for the Seahawks.
The Red Flash lost their seventh consecutive game. Mislav Jukic scored a career-high 22 points for St. Francis, and leading scorer and rebounder Devin Sweetney, back in the lineup after missing six games with a broken hand, scored 13 points.
- Tony Wroten’s four missed free throws may be costly for Washington
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims
- Marist replaces Albany on Duke's basketball schedule
- Judge drops NCAA from lawsuit filed by ex-UNC athletes