Morehead St. downs SE Missouri 73-67
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP)—Kenneth Faried recorded his 10th double-double of the season with 14 points and 14 rebounds to lead Morehead State over Southeast Missouri 73-67 Thursday night.
Leon Buchanan had 20 points and eight rebounds as Morehead State (9-9, 6-1 Ohio Valley) kept the Redhawks winless in conference play. Demonte Harper added 18 points and eight rebounds for the Eagles.
Kenard Moore tied his career high with 31 points and Jaycen Herring added 18 for the Redhawks (3-15, 0-7).
Morehead State took the lead for good with about seven minutes remaining in the first half. An 8-0 run late in the period put the Eagles up 35-29 at halftime.
The Eagles gained their largest lead, 46-34, three minutes into the second half. Southeast Missouri pulled within four points with 4:25 remaining, but a couple of late turnovers cost the Redhawks heavily.
- Morehead St. downs SE Missouri 73-67
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four