Cent. Connecticut St. 64, Robert Morris 76
MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. (AP)—Jeremy Chappell scored 21 points and Robert Morris charged to a 22-point lead in the first half on the way to 76-64 victory over Central Connecticut on Thursday night.
Jimmy Langhurst and Mezie Nwigwe each scored 13 points and nine players figured in the scoring for Robert Morris (11-7, 6-1 Northeast Conference), which led 41-19 at the half and shot 51 percent (27-for-53) in the game.
Ken Horton scored 16 points, Chris Baskerville added 11 and Tamir Johnson grabbed 10 rebounds for Central Connecticut (7-9, 3-3), which made eight of 27 shots in the first half and 24 of 61 overall.
Robert Morris outscored Central Connecticut 14-8 in the paint 15-6 off turnovers and 10-6 off the bench on the way to its 22-point lead by halftime.
- Ugly altercation between coach, player leads to tense TV apology
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons