Stohl hits 9 3-pointers in Portland win
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)—Reserve guard Jared Stohl set a school record with nine 3-pointers and finished with a career-high 33 points in Portland’s 78-60 win over San Francisco on Thursday.
The 6-foot-1 guard took only one shot from inside the arc and missed that. But he hit all six of his free throws. Nik Raivio added 17 points for the Pilots (9-7, 1-1 West Coast Conference).
Dior Lowhorn led San Francisco (8-10, 0-3) with 22 points.
Portland trailed only once, 4-3. Stohl and backcourt mate T.J. Campbell quickly got hot from long range, and the Pilots built a 45-26 halftime lead.
Stohl connected on a pair of 3s early in the second half to help Portland push its lead to 53-30. The Pilots finished with a team-record 14 3-pointers.
- Stohl hits 9 3-pointers in Portland win
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game