Stohl hits 9 3-pointers in Portland win
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)—Reserve guard Jared Stohl set a school record with nine 3-pointers and finished with a career-high 33 points in Portland’s 78-60 win over San Francisco on Thursday.
The 6-foot-1 guard took only one shot from inside the arc and missed that. But he hit all six of his free throws. Nik Raivio added 17 points for the Pilots (9-7, 1-1 West Coast Conference).
Dior Lowhorn led San Francisco (8-10, 0-3) with 22 points.
Portland trailed only once, 4-3. Stohl and backcourt mate T.J. Campbell quickly got hot from long range, and the Pilots built a 45-26 halftime lead.
Stohl connected on a pair of 3s early in the second half to help Portland push its lead to 53-30. The Pilots finished with a team-record 14 3-pointers.
- Christian Laettner tries to make amends for infamous stomp
- Johnson, Paige help No. 9 Tar Heels roll past Panthers 85-64
- No. 2 Maryland loses at home to Wisconsin, 70-57
- Crazy play, crazier win: Duke stuns No. 7 Virginia at buzzer
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Rosco Allen's 25 leads Stanford past No. 11 Oregon