N. Colorado lands 75-68 win over E. Washington
GREELEY, Colo. (AP)—Jabril Banks scored 23 points and pulled down 10 rebounds as Northern Colorado downed Eastern Washington 75-68 on Thursday night.
Will Figures pitched in 22 points, five rebounds and four assists for the Bears (7-11 overall, 3-2 Big Sky Conference).
Neal Kingman had 10 points for Northern Colorado, which held a 40-37 advantage at halftime and shot 48 percent from the field.
Eastern Washington (9-9, 3-3) shot 41 percent from the field and was led by Benny Valentine with 31 points, including 11-of-16 field goals and 5-of-9 from three-point range.
Milan Stanojevic recorded 13 points and five rebounds for the Eagles, while teammate Brandon Moore had 10 points and nine rebounds.
The win marks the first time in its three years in the league that Northern Colorado has had a Big Sky record above .500 this late in the season.
- Yancy Gates decks Kenny Frease in wild Xavier-Cincinnati brawl
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims