N. Colorado lands 75-68 win over E. Washington
GREELEY, Colo. (AP)—Jabril Banks scored 23 points and pulled down 10 rebounds as Northern Colorado downed Eastern Washington 75-68 on Thursday night.
Will Figures pitched in 22 points, five rebounds and four assists for the Bears (7-11 overall, 3-2 Big Sky Conference).
Neal Kingman had 10 points for Northern Colorado, which held a 40-37 advantage at halftime and shot 48 percent from the field.
Eastern Washington (9-9, 3-3) shot 41 percent from the field and was led by Benny Valentine with 31 points, including 11-of-16 field goals and 5-of-9 from three-point range.
Milan Stanojevic recorded 13 points and five rebounds for the Eagles, while teammate Brandon Moore had 10 points and nine rebounds.
The win marks the first time in its three years in the league that Northern Colorado has had a Big Sky record above .500 this late in the season.
- George Mason tops 'Nova 61-57 in NCAA tournament
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?