Long Island U. 54, Mount St. Mary’s, Md. 80
EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP)—Will Holland led five Mount St. Mary’s players in double figures with 16 points in an 80-54 win over Long Island on Thursday night.
The Mountaineers (8-9, 3-3 Northeast Conference) pulled away with a 14-2 run over the final 6:32 of the first half and used a 15-2 run early in the second half to turn the game into a rout. Their largest lead was 35 points at 73-38.
Julian Boyd scored 12 points to lead Long Island (8-8, 4-2), which had won four straight games since falling to Charlotte 79-68 on Dec. 30.
The Blackbirds shot just 32.8 percent from the field (20 of 61) while committing 18 turnovers.
Jeremy Goode and Kelly Beidler added 13 points and six rebounds each for the Mountaineers, who also got 12 points from Jean Cajou and 10 from Shawn Atupem.
The Mountaineers shot 56.1 percent from the field (32-for-57).
- Roy Williams kicks out heckling fan at the Dean Dome
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- No. 5 Xavier finds shooting touch in 74-57 blowout at Butler
- No. 10 West Virginia routs TCU 73-42
- Barber's career-high 38 help NC State beat Wake Forest 99-88
- Kansas concerned about defending hot-shooting Oklahoma