Long Island U. 54, Mount St. Mary’s, Md. 80
EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP)—Will Holland led five Mount St. Mary’s players in double figures with 16 points in an 80-54 win over Long Island on Thursday night.
The Mountaineers (8-9, 3-3 Northeast Conference) pulled away with a 14-2 run over the final 6:32 of the first half and used a 15-2 run early in the second half to turn the game into a rout. Their largest lead was 35 points at 73-38.
Julian Boyd scored 12 points to lead Long Island (8-8, 4-2), which had won four straight games since falling to Charlotte 79-68 on Dec. 30.
The Blackbirds shot just 32.8 percent from the field (20 of 61) while committing 18 turnovers.
Jeremy Goode and Kelly Beidler added 13 points and six rebounds each for the Mountaineers, who also got 12 points from Jean Cajou and 10 from Shawn Atupem.
The Mountaineers shot 56.1 percent from the field (32-for-57).
- Long Island U. 54, Mount St. Mary's, Md. 80
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- Arizona team breakdown