Long Island U. 54, Mount St. Mary’s, Md. 80
EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP)—Will Holland led five Mount St. Mary’s players in double figures with 16 points in an 80-54 win over Long Island on Thursday night.
The Mountaineers (8-9, 3-3 Northeast Conference) pulled away with a 14-2 run over the final 6:32 of the first half and used a 15-2 run early in the second half to turn the game into a rout. Their largest lead was 35 points at 73-38.
Julian Boyd scored 12 points to lead Long Island (8-8, 4-2), which had won four straight games since falling to Charlotte 79-68 on Dec. 30.
The Blackbirds shot just 32.8 percent from the field (20 of 61) while committing 18 turnovers.
Jeremy Goode and Kelly Beidler added 13 points and six rebounds each for the Mountaineers, who also got 12 points from Jean Cajou and 10 from Shawn Atupem.
The Mountaineers shot 56.1 percent from the field (32-for-57).
- Long Island U. 54, Mount St. Mary's, Md. 80
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four