Siena holds off Marist in OT v91-85
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP)—Alex Franklin had 19 points and 10 rebounds, Ryan Rossiter had 16 points and nine rebounds, and Kyle Downey had 15 points to lead Siena to a 91-85 overtime victory over Marist on Thursday night.
Downey started the extra session with a layup after a missed free throw by Franklin, and Downey followed that with a steal and layup. Ronald Moore then hit a 3-pointer to give the Saints (13-5, 7-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) a commanding 84-76 lead midway through the overtime.
R.J. Hall responded with a 3 from the left corner for Marist with 1:22 left to cut the lead to 85-80, but Siena made six free throws in the final 64 seconds to hold on.
Ryan Schneider had 19 points, 13 rebounds and three blocks to lead Marist (7-12, 3-4).
- Siena holds off Marist in OT v91-85
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0