Murray State beats Jacksonville State 63-56
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (AP)—Kevin Thomas scored 14 points and Murray State defeated Jacksonville State 63-56 on Thursday night.
The Gamecocks led 28-26 at halftime, before Murray State (8-8, 3-3 Ohio Valley Conference) went on a 6-2 run to take a 32-30 lead on a Thomas 3-pointer with 17:53 to play.
The two teams swapped leads throughout the rest of the game with Jacksonville State (8-7, 2-4) taking a 47-46 advantage with 7:42 to play on a Nick Murphy jump shot. Murray State’s Tom Easley then scored six unanswered points, to give the Racers a 52-47 lead with 4 minutes left. The Gamecocks didn’t lead the rest of the game.
Isacc Miles added 13 points and three blocks and Jeffery McClain chipped in 10 points for Murray State.
The Gamecocks were led by Brandon Crawford and Jeremy Bynum with 13 points each. Amadou Mbodji grabbed 10 rebounds.
- Murray State beats Jacksonville State 63-56
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four