Coles leads Canisius in 84-66 win over Rider
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Julius Coles scored a career-high 26 points to lead Canisius to their first Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference victory of the season, 84-66 over Rider, on Thursday night.
Leading 50-45 with 15 minutes left in the second half, Canisius (6-11, 1-6 MAAC) used a 10-3 run to take command of the game. Coles capped the run with a 3-pointer, making the score 60-48 with 11:35 remaining.
Rider (9-7, 4-2 MAAC) never pulled within six points the rest of the game.
Frank Turner had 20 points for Canisius, eclipsing the 1,000-point plateau for his career. Greg Logins added 12 points.
Ryan Thompson led Rider with 18 points, 14 in the second half.
It was the most points Canisius has scored in a game this season. The Golden Griffins shot 50.4 percent from the floor, also a season best.
Canisius snapped a four-game losing streak and a 12-game losing streak against the Broncs.
- Top UK recruit driven by father's memory
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee
- White-hot Warney leads Stony Brook past Hartford 85-72
- Chattanooga gets 72-66 OT win over Mercer in SoCon showdown