Great Danes claw Bearcats 72-66
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—Tim Ambrose had 20 points, Will Harris added 18 points and 10 rebounds, and Albany beat Binghamton 72-66 on Wednesday night in a matchup between the top two teams in the America East Conference.
The win moved the Great Danes (11-6, 3-1 America East) into a first-place tie with Binghamton (10-6, 3-1), which is off to its best start as a Division I program.
D.J. Rivera led Binghamton with 16 points, Dwayne Jackson had 14, and Reggie Fuller had 15 rebounds.
Albany, which outscored Binghamton 23-14 at the foul line, led 35-24 at the break and held on for the win despite giving up 10 3-pointers to the Bearcats.
- Great Danes claw Bearcats 72-66
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0