W. Michigan beats Toledo 70-52
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP)—Freshman guard Demetrius Ward scored a career-high 14 points, leading Western Michigan to a 70-52 victory Wednesday night over Toledo.
Four Western Michigan players reached double figures in scoring as the Broncos (5-10, 2-0 Mid-American) scored their most lopsided win of the season. David Kool added 12 points, including three 3-pointers in the first 3:04. Derek Drews scored 11 points and Shawntes Gary had 10.
The Rockets have won just one of their last 24 road games dating back to 2007.
Tyrone Kent led Toledo (2-14, 0-2) with 17 points and a team-high eight rebounds, and Jonathan Amos added 13 points.
A 22-0 run by Western Michigan in the first half handed the Broncos a 23-point lead less than nine minutes into the game.
Western Michigan freshman forward LaMarcus Lowe had a career-high nine rebounds.
- In recruiting, Under Armour failing to protect its ethics house
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner