Missouri St. beats Wichita St. 68-55
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP)—Chris Cooks scored a career-high 23 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead Missouri State to a 68-55 win over Wichita State on Wednesday.
Both teams were 0-5 in Missouri Valley play coming into the game.
The Bears (8-9, 1-5) also got 16 points from Wade Knapp and 12 from Will Creekmore in snapping a six-game losing streak.
Toure Murry and Reggie Chamberlain scored 13 points each for Wichita State (6-11, 0-6), which committed 20 turnovers in the game.
Missouri State led from start to finish. The Bears were up 37-23 at halftime and took their biggest lead at 58-38 with 7:52 left in the game.
A 3-pointer by Murry brought the Shockers within 64-53 with 3:17 remaining, but Wichita State scored just once more the rest of the way.
The Shockers have now dropped six in a row.
- Kansas State coach’s reaction to question was over the top
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner