COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP)—DeMarre Carroll had 13 points and 11 rebounds and Missouri shot a season-best 63 percent in a 107-62 rout of Colorado on Wednesday night.
The Tigers (14-3, 1-1 Big 12) won their 12th in a row at home after a lineup shakeup by coach Mike Anderson, putting the game away with a 19-0 first-half run without two starters. Second-leading scorer Leo Lyons was suspended indefinitely after an arrest on traffic charges led to discovery of an unpaid fine from 2006. Top 3-point threat Matt Lawrence didn’t start for the first time this season after getting held to six points in a conference-opening loss at Nebraska.
Freshman Lawrence Bowers scored 16 points while J.T. Tiller and Marcus Denmon had 13 points apiece for Missouri.
Ryan Kelley scored 19 points and Dwight Thorne II added 13 for Colorado (8-7, 0-1), which committed a season-high 26 turnovers.
- Tarkanian released from Las Vegas hospital
- 2 Cougars allowed to transfer - with stipulations
- NIU, Montgomery agree to 2-year extension
- Mississippi adds Tennessee State transfer Rhett
- Miami Hurricanes forward James Kelly to transfer
- Georgia Tech hires N'Diaye as assistant coach
- Duke shuffles staff after Wojo's departure
- Gonzaga signs son of Arvydas Sabonis
- Texas Tech F Jordan Tolbert transferring to SMU
- Brown becomes 4th Butler player to transfer
- Tulsa hires Frank Haith as new hoops coach
- ASU's McKissic granted 6th year of eligibility
- Shot-blocker Chris Obekpa to return to St. John's
- Georgia St coach Ron Hunter gets 2-year extension
- Duke sophomore Rodney Hood entering NBA draft
- Simpson signs with DePaul