N.C.-Wilmington 58, James Madison 79
HARRISONBURG, Va. (AP)—Julius Wells had his first double-double of the season with 19 points and 10 rebounds in James Madison’s 79-58 win over North Carolina-Wilmington on Wednesday night.
After UNC-Wilmington (4-14, 1-5 Colonial Athletic Association) took a 6-5 lead with 17:01 left in the first half, the Dukes (12-6, 4-2) dominated the rest of the way. James Madison scored 14 unanswered points as part of a 19-3 run to take a 24-9 lead with 7:48 left until halftime.
Andrey Semenov and Juwann James scored 11 points each for the Dukes, who won their fourth-straight. Wells, who was 7 of 11 from the field, was 4-for-7 from 3-point range.
James Madison outrebounded the Seahawks 43-26, and UNC-Wilmington shot just 34.5 percent from the field (20 of 58).
Kevon Moore led UNC-Wilmington with 13 points and Jerel Stephenson added 12.
- Division III YouTube sensation earns spot in NCAA dunk contest
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action