Hartford defeats Maine 76-71
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP)—Jaret von Rosenberg scored 26 points, including clutch free throws in the final seconds, and Morgan Sabia added 19 to lead Hartford 76-71 over Maine on Wednesday night.
Von Rosenberg scored 15 points in the second half, and made 5 of 6 free throws in the last 30 seconds. Maine’s Mark Socoby hit a 3-pointer with 10 seconds left to make it 74-71, but von Rosenberg sank two free throws for the win.
Von Rosenberg shot 8 of 13 from the field, including 4 of 6 three-pointers. Michael Turner had 13 points and eight rebounds for Hartford.
Malachi Peay scored a career-high 17 points and Gerald McLemore 13 for the Black Bears.
Hartford (6-11, 2-1 America East) shot 52.1 percent from the field and made 12 of 28 3-pointers. Maine (6-11, 1-3 AE) shot 39.3 percent, losing for the seventh times in eight games.
Hartford led 39-35 at halftime.
- Hartford defeats Maine 76-71
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four