Stony Brook defeats Dartmouth 60-52
HANOVER, N.H. (AP)—Muhammad El-Amin scored 20 points and Stonybrook used 3-pointers to beat Dartmouth, 60-52, Tuesday night.
The Seawolves (9-7) used a 7-0 run late in the second half to build a 53-44 lead and end a two-game slide. El-Amin’s fourth trey capped the surge.
Stony Brook earlier took the lead for good on a trey by Demetrius Young, his first of the season.
Alex Barnett led the Ivy League’s Big Green (2-12) with 11 points as they dropped their seventh straight game.
Brian Dugher added 12 for Stonybrook, of America East.
Stony Brook shot only 38 percent from the field and hit only 9 of 20 free throws, but connected on 9 of 17 3-pointers.
Dartmouth shot 55 percent in the first half to take a 32-30 lead, but Stonybrook’s defenders hounded the Big Green in the second half and held them to 32 percent.
- Stony Brook defeats Dartmouth 60-52
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?