Chicago State beats Longwood 94-86
FARMVILLE, Va. (AP)—David Holston scored 32 points to lead Chicago State in a 94-86 win over Longwood on Monday night.
John Cantrell added 27 points and Carl Montgomery notched a double-double, scoring 13 and grabbing 18 rebounds for the Cougars (10-8, 3-7). Holston went 6-for-15 from beyond the arc and dished out five assists.
Kevin Swecker, who hit 7 of 9 from long range and tallied five steals, led the Lancers (7-10) with a career-high 25 points. Dana Smith added 13 points and Antwan Carter and Billy Robinson had 12 apiece.
Chicago State, which was up 46-39 at the break, grabbed the lead midway through the first half and never trailed again.
E.J. Dawson pulled Longwood within 90-86 with 37 seconds left, but Tawrence Walton’s pair of free throws and Cantrell’s late layup gave Chicago State its final margin.
- Chicago State beats Longwood 94-86
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game