Stetson beats S.C.-Upstate 56-50
DELAND, Fla. (AP)—Garfield Blair scored 16 points and had 12 rebounds to lead Stetson to a 56-50 victory over South Carolina-Upstate on Monday night.
Blair made a 3-pointer and a 16-foot jumper to cap a 10-0 run that extended the Hatters’ lead to 54-47 with 2:05 left.
Bobby Davis led the Spartans (2-13, 1-5 Atlantic Sun Conference) with a 19-point effort, while Nick Schneiders added 13 points.
The Hatters (7-8, 4-3) overcame a 10-point deficit at 43-33 following an 18-7 Spartans run in the first 8 minutes of the second. Blair sparked an 11-0 Stetson run from that point with a driving layup, and Brandon Williams closed the run on a 3-pointer with 7:02 remaining to put Stetson ahead 44-43.
The Spartans regained the lead at 47-44, but Stetson’s Mark Lohuis countered with a 3-pointer and Tim Lang’s layup marked the final lead change at 49-47 with 3:22 left.
- With a little help from Skype, Harrison Barnes chooses UNC
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina