Stetson beats S.C.-Upstate 56-50
DELAND, Fla. (AP)—Garfield Blair scored 16 points and had 12 rebounds to lead Stetson to a 56-50 victory over South Carolina-Upstate on Monday night.
Blair made a 3-pointer and a 16-foot jumper to cap a 10-0 run that extended the Hatters’ lead to 54-47 with 2:05 left.
Bobby Davis led the Spartans (2-13, 1-5 Atlantic Sun Conference) with a 19-point effort, while Nick Schneiders added 13 points.
The Hatters (7-8, 4-3) overcame a 10-point deficit at 43-33 following an 18-7 Spartans run in the first 8 minutes of the second. Blair sparked an 11-0 Stetson run from that point with a driving layup, and Brandon Williams closed the run on a 3-pointer with 7:02 remaining to put Stetson ahead 44-43.
The Spartans regained the lead at 47-44, but Stetson’s Mark Lohuis countered with a 3-pointer and Tim Lang’s layup marked the final lead change at 49-47 with 3:22 left.
- Stetson beats S.C.-Upstate 56-50
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four