Stetson beats S.C.-Upstate 56-50
DELAND, Fla. (AP)—Garfield Blair scored 16 points and had 12 rebounds to lead Stetson to a 56-50 victory over South Carolina-Upstate on Monday night.
Blair made a 3-pointer and a 16-foot jumper to cap a 10-0 run that extended the Hatters’ lead to 54-47 with 2:05 left.
Bobby Davis led the Spartans (2-13, 1-5 Atlantic Sun Conference) with a 19-point effort, while Nick Schneiders added 13 points.
The Hatters (7-8, 4-3) overcame a 10-point deficit at 43-33 following an 18-7 Spartans run in the first 8 minutes of the second. Blair sparked an 11-0 Stetson run from that point with a driving layup, and Brandon Williams closed the run on a 3-pointer with 7:02 remaining to put Stetson ahead 44-43.
The Spartans regained the lead at 47-44, but Stetson’s Mark Lohuis countered with a 3-pointer and Tim Lang’s layup marked the final lead change at 49-47 with 3:22 left.
- UNLV 67, Georgia Tech 63
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?