Tenn.-Martin downs SE Missouri 81-67
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP)—Lester Hudson scored 38 points to lead Tennessee-Martin over Southeast Missouri 81-67 on Monday night.
Djero Riedewald added 11 points for the Skyhawks (10-6, 3-3 Ohio Valley) as they kept Southeast Missouri winless in conference play.
Kenard Moore paced the Redhawks (3-14, 0-6) with 21 points. Johnny Hill and Jaycen Herring added 15 apiece, and LaMont Russell had a game-high 10 rebounds.
Tennessee-Martin jumped out to a 14-4 lead four minutes into the game behind 10 points from Hudson and dominated the rest of the way.
The Skyhawks led by as many as many as 18 in the second half. Southeast Missouri used a 9-2 run late in the period to pull within 10 but got no closer the rest of the way.
Hudson hit 14-of-27 field goal attempts, including 4-of-10 from 3-point range. He has scored at least 30 points in five of his last six games.
- Why these players chose the sport’s least popular jersey number
- Kansas star Jackson charged with criminal damage
- No. 19 Florida State looks to fix struggles in road games
- Princeton wins 14th straight, improves to 11-0 in Ivy
- Akron beats Buffalo, clinches share of MAC title
- Vols' Bowden likely will remain out for South Carolina game