Delaware State defeats Winston-Salem 73-50
DOVER, Del. (AP)—Donald Johnson scored 22 points to lead Delaware State to a 73-50 victory over Winston-Salem State on Monday night.
Frisco Sandidge added 21 points and nine rebounds for the Hornets (3-14), who never trailed, to snap a five-game losing streak.
It was the 12th road game of the season for Winston-Salem (4-10), which is 2-10 away from home.
Delaware State led 26-17 at halftime and 46-31 on Johnson’s layup with 10:30 remaining in the game.
Tramaine Johnson’s free throw gave the Hornets a 60-39 lead with 5:51 left.
Fred Bouie added 10 points for the Hornets, who were 24 of 48 from the field (50 percent).
Jamal Durham scored 13 points to lead the Rams, who shot just 48 percent from the line (12 of 25). Brian Fisher added 10 points.
- Delaware State defeats Winston-Salem 73-50
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2