Belmont defeats Lipscomb 79-74
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Andy Wicke scored 26 points and Belmont defeated Lipscomb 79-74 on Monday night.
The game was tied 35-35 at halftime before the Bruins (9-6, 5-1 Atlantic Sun Conference) went on a 15-3 run, sparked by two 3-pointers from Wicke, to take a 50-38 lead with 15:13 left in the game.
The Bruins scored 20 points off of 14 Bisons turnovers.
Shane Dansby added 15 points for Belmont, Matthew Dotson notched 14 and Jon House had 10.
Lipscomb (6-9, 2-4) was led by 20 points and 10 rebounds from Josh Slater. Brandon Brown added 15 points and Adnan Hodzic scored 11 for the Bisons.
Belmont shot 45.6 percent from the field (26 of 57), edging a 44.2 percent (23 of 52) effort by the Bisons.
- Penn State guard face plants MSG floor in NIT championship
- UNC: Pinson out indefinitely with broken bone in right foot
- Louisville shooting for tournament bid after postseason ban
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture