Ark.-Pine Bluff defeats Alabama A&M 70-56
PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP)—Savalance Townsend helped Arkansas-Pine Bluff come back to defeat Alabama A&M 70-56 Monday night.
Townsend’s nine-point effort allowed the Golden Lions (3-11) to take a 33-28 lead going into the second half. Tyree Glass led with 13 points, Townsend had 12 and Ricky Parks scored 11. Eric Brooks hit 10 and had five assists.
Alabama A&M (3-9) had a 24-23 lead with 2:55 left in the first half on Jonathan Inman’s two free throws. Casey Canty led the Bulldogs with 17 points and six rebounds.
- Ark.-Pine Bluff defeats Alabama A&M 70-56
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel