Davidson beats Appalachian St. 70-52
BOONE, N.C. (AP)—Stephen Curry scored 16 points to lead Davidson in a 70-52 win over Appalachian State on Monday night.
Curry, averaging 29.4 points per game, picked up his fourth foul defending Eduardo Bermudez’s drive early in the second half, limiting his minutes to 18.
Max Paulhus-Gosselin and Will Archambault added 14 each for Davidson (12-3, 4-0 Southern Conference). In a lineup that lacked the wow-factor of Curry’s presence, Davidson made up for it with strong interior defense early and timely perimeter shooting late.
Brendan McKillop also added 13 for Davidson, which won in front of the largest crowd in Holmes Center history (8,350).
Kellen Brand led Appalachian State (6-7, 3-2) with 21 points, and Isaac Butts and Ryann Abraham added 10 each. Marcus Wright left the game in the first half after aggravating an ankle injury.
- The games your local CBS affiliate will show tomorrow
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72