Ubiles helps Siena top Manhattan
NEW YORK (AP)—Edwin Ubiles scored 21 points and Kenny Hasbrouck added 17 to help Siena hold off Manhattan 68-64 on Sunday.
Ronald Moore added 13 points for the Saints (12-5, 6-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who have won seven of their last eight games.
Chris Smith scored 14 points and Devon Austin and Darryl Crawford each had 13 for the Jaspers (9-7, 3-3).
Ubiles scored eight first-half points and Siena took a 31-25 lead at the break.
Austin’s basket with 14:56 left in the game cut the deficit to 43-41, but Manhattan got no closer.
The Saints responded with a 14-3 scoring run, capped by Hasbrouck’s 3-pointer that pushed the lead to 57-44 with 10:53 remaining.
Crawford converted two free throws with 17.2 seconds left to cut the lead to 66-64, but Ubiles responded with two free throws with 14.4 seconds to go to seal the win.
- Ubiles helps Siena top Manhattan
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four