Western opens MAC play with win over Central
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (AP)—David Kool had 26 points and nine rebounds as he led Western Michigan past Central Michigan 72-63 Sunday night.
Andre Ricks scored 17 points off the bench for the Broncos (4-10, 1-0 Mid-American Conference). Ricks had scored just 16 points in seven previous games this season.
Western Michigan spotted the Chippewas a 2-0 lead, but staged a 12-0 run to establish a 15-4 lead that Central Michigan (3-10, 0-1) couldn’t recover from.
Marcus Van had 18 points and six rebounds for the Chippewas while Jeremy Bitzer had 15 points and 10 rebounds.
- Western opens MAC play with win over Central
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look