Gardner-Webb edges High Point 60-57
HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP)—Grayson Flittner hit a 3-pointer with 27 seconds remaining to help Gardner-Webb defeat High Point 60-57 on Saturday night.
High Point led 57-56 when Flittner hit the 3-pointer for Gardner-Webb’s first lead since 3:32 left in the game. Flittner, who finished with 20 points, added a free throw with 2 seconds left to help seal the victory.
Aaron Linn also scored 20 points for Gardner-Webb (6-9, 2-3 Big South Conference).
High Point (5-10, 1-4) tied the score at 54-54 on David Singleton’s layup with 2:33 remaining in the game. Singleton hit a free throw and Cruz Daniels scored for a 57-54 advantage with 1:32 left.
But Gardner-Webb’s Nate Blank hit a jumper with 1:10 remaining, setting up Flittner’s shot.
Singleton led High Point with 18 points, Daniels had 15 points and 11 rebounds and Eugene Harris added 13 points.
- Cram Session: Terrence Williams and the prettiest stat line ever
- Having reached Final Four at last, Gonzaga's Mark Few says, 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself