Morin scores 17 as Yale beats Hartford 71-63
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP)—Ross Morin scored 17 points and grabbed a game-high 10 rebounds to lead Yale over Hartford 71-63 on Saturday.
Yale rallied from a nine-point halftime deficit. The Bulldogs (5-9) got 14 points from Travis Pinick and Alex Zampier. Pinick also grabbed nine rebounds and led all players with six assists.
Hartford (5-11) got a game-high 24 points from guard Jaret von Rosenberg and 14 points from Andres Torres. The Hawks announced Thursday that they will play the rest of the season without leading scorer Joe Zeglinski, who needs season-ending ankle surgery.
Hartford used a 13-3 run midway through the first half to open up a 30-22 lead, and led 38-29 at the intermission. But Yale tied the game early in the second half and finally took the lead for good on a pair of free throws by Pinick with 5:51 to play.
- Diagnosis of a heart condition ends Toledo freshman’s career
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Freeman, Prince lead No. 21 Baylor past K-State, 82-72
- Walton, Michigan hang on to beat Minnesota 82-74
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'