Wright St. beats Valparaiso 64-48
VALPARAISO, Ind. (AP)—Todd Brown scored 19 points Saturday night and Wright State pulled away in the second half to a 64-48 victory over Valparaiso.
The Raiders (9-8, 3-3 Horizon League) threatened an early blowout, racing to a 27-7 lead before the Crusaders (5-12, 2-4) made a brief comeback.
Valparaiso closed within 28-19 at halftime and made it 28-22 on a 3-pointer by Michael Rogers early in the second period.
John David Gardner’s 3-pointer for Wright State ended Valparaiso’s rally, and the Raiders steadily pulled away the rest of the game. Gardner, who finished with 18 points, hit four straight free throws in the final two minutes to seal the win.
Troy Tabler added 11 points for Wright State.
Rogers led Valpo with 12 points and 15 rebounds, and De’Andre Haskins added 10 points.
- Wright St. beats Valparaiso 64-48
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four